dwayne bell

Sunday, 17 June 2012

ILLUSTRATION Friday
- SECRET

secret-1

I’ve not done an Illustration Friday for ages. I used to post as an exercise in working in other ‘styles’ rather than my own. A bit of fun. I’ve been utterly blank for a few days and not know what work to be pursuing so I decided to do a quick Illustration Friday to take my mind off the creative black hole. It’s a small 2”×3” thumbnail done in pencil crayon (unfortunately I can’t get access to my good scanner so this is from an old one and it’s not great quality). It’s based loosely on the Engineers in Prometheus and The Big Secret™.

5 comments:

Sally Taylor said...

Strong graphic image. I like it!

Roshini Pochont said...

Love the lines and colours! Lovely piece!

Ian T. said...

This is a really strong image, particularly the shapes and colour choice. Actually, this might work with the same image repeated right next to each other in a chain...

dwayne bell said...

Ian T - I tried that and it more or less does. Nearly posted it as such but decided to go with the original. I was trying to just do something quick, simple and honest - drew it in a couple of minutes, real small like with what I had to hand - thought getting all clever with the photoshop would go against my intention. Well spotted though.
Cheers folks.

dailymobster said...

Cool! Very gestural, great edges/lines.

Post a Comment